Sunday, June 06, 2010

2010 LEO AWARDS - RED CARPET INTERVIEWS

Yesterday, (Saturday June 5th, 2010) my friend Lisa Ciniglio and I did some Red Carpet Interviews at the 2010 LEO AWARDS which is BC's equivalent of The Oscars where all of the elite people in the BC TV & Film Industry come together and celebrate everyone's accomplishments.

We shot the Interviews using the iPhone equipped with the Owle Bubo, and streamed the Interviews LIVE onto the Internet at www.Qik.com

I got my hands on the Owle Bubo at 3pm yesterday, and I had ZERO TIME to learn about using shooting Video with the Owle on the iPhone and/or about streaming the Video. I called Harold at Owle Bubo, and he gave me a brief walk through - he told me to get the Qik.com LIVE App for streaming video directly onto the Internet.

When I signed up, and just before shooting it said that the Video Quality wasn't going to because it was going to stream directly onto the Internet. (Had I known what the actual quality was going to look and sound like versus the quality of the Video's I've seen on YouTube, I would have just recorded and saved them to the iPhone, and then later uploaded them directly onto my Website, but I didn't have the luxury of time.)

We actually did about 12 Interviews. I'm going to have to contact the people at Qik.com to find out why the other Video's aren't visible/working.

At the top of the www.Qik.com/becomingmagnum page, there's an Interview with LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS who was one of the Presenters, followed by an Interview with DREW SCOTT & JONATHAN SILVER SCOTT who Co-Produced the 2010 LEO AWARDS and at the bottom of the page is an Interview with the Creators of SANCTUARY which started off as a Web Series with 8 Webisodes and got picked up as a TV Series.

I am going to follow up with everyone that we interviewed to do more in-depth interviews over the next week.

It was great to be on the Red Carpet. Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary) and others had moments where they geeked out and got all excited about the fact that we were shooting the Interviews on the iPhone with the Owle Bubo.

That was my goal. We were unique and memorable. I heard from a friend late last night while I was at work, and saw him walking by, that Liz Levine (Executive in Charge of Development at BrightLight Pictures) who is also a friend, was shocked when I sent her the text right after the Interviews that they were already Online.

I know that several of the people we interviewed are going to be talking about us from their reactions, which is another goal accomplished.

Being on the Red Carpet and seeing so many people doing what I want, and am going to be doing FT was inspiring. It was also great to be around the energy of the Red Carpet, and to talk to several different Celebrities.

I also realized that there really is no difference between the Celebrities and myself. They are no different than me, other than their level of success, which I am well on my way towards achieving.

It feels great to have achieved this major goal. This past week was also a great learning experience for me. I emailed Drew Scott, one of the Co-Producers of the Event a week ago with an idea for doing Red Carpet Interviews and shooting them on the iPhone with the Owle Bubo.

He forwarded it to Colette, one of the Publicists managing the Red Carpet, and she gave me the thumbs up.

I sent an email to the guys at Owle Bubo (who prior to then I was nervous/scared about contacting - part of my subconscious conditioning of NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH). Graham, the C.O.O. from Owle called me on Tuesday.

We were back and forth on the phone and through email for the next few days. On Thursday they shipped me an Owle Bubo which was supposed to arrive Friday by 12pm.

Turns out the FedEx plane the Bubo was on had mechanical problems, and it ended up in Memphis. FedEx wasn't going to deliver it until Monday by 12pm. I called them up, and told them that I needed it by Saturday at 3pm at the latest. After all, it was sent as a Priority Express Shipment. That's why it was supposed to be here Friday by 12pm.

I was on the phone back and forth with FedEx all of Friday, and again on Saturday from 10am until 2pm. At 2:15pm yesterday I got a call from FedEx that I could pick up the Bubo at their Richmond Facility.

There were a lot of hurdles and obstacles to overcome, but instead of giving into fear and doubt about not getting the Owle Bubo in time, I kept my thoughts and emotions in check, and kept them focused on the Owle Bubo arriving in time, and that I'd be on the Red Carpet doing Interviews with it.

I did have a Back Up Plan, of using my FLIP Ultra HD Camcorder to do the Interviews with. The FLIP shoots great quality HD Video, but it just doesn't quite have the Cool Factor that the iPhone and the Owle Bubo have together. Plus, I can't stream video directly onto the Internet with the FLIP.

I achieved my Goals, and took a huge step forward towards realizing my dream of being a Professional Working Actor, Producer, Director, and Writer in the TV/Film Industry.

Now, I just have to figure out, what is going to be my Reward for accomplishing my Goals?

My next major goal is to have a conversation with TOM SELLECK about BECOMING MAGNUM.

Thanks for all of your wonderful love and support,

Mike.

No comments: