Thursday, June 03, 2010

Karl Urban Interview about creating a younger version of BONES!

Earlier this week I was talking with Diane Fraser, my Editor for BECOMING MAGNUM about J.J. Abrams STAR TREK Movie and how awesome of a job Karl Urban did on capturing the essence of Deforest Kelly's BONES, as well as how good of a job he did sounding like Deforest Kelly.

I'm in the process of listening to Tom Selleck from a scene from an Episode of MAGNUM P.I. in which I've used iMovie on my Mac Book to import Video from an Episode of Magnum, P.I. and trimmed it down to footage of just Tom Selleck in the scenes.

Diane then converted it into an mp3 which I've been listening to on my Sony Walkman for the past week. I'm having a hard time matching how he sounds, but thanks to Karl, I think it's time to consult with a Dialect Coach and see what sort of things they will suggest for me to do in order to sound like Tom.

Unfortunately, I won't however be able to do that before I meet up with Diane tomorrow to record some Voice Over Narration for my 1st Episode, but hopefully as the Web Series progresses, by the end of the 6 months, I'll really be able to capture the essence of Tom.

Now, back to the Star of this post, KARL URBAN.


Karl, consider yourself Officially on my TOP 100 LIST of people to meet.

Mike.



No comments: