Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1st Gym Workout followed by interesting experience...

I ended up going to a local community gym tonight with 2 of my roommates. It wasn't really much of a gym, but I did end up doing about 15 minutes cardio/warm up on the Stationary Bike, and then I did:

Pec Deck: 20 x 25 lbs, Rear Delts: 20 x 25 lbs, Pec Deck: 20 x 45 lbs, Rear Delts: 20 x 45 lbs, Pec Deck: 15 x 75 lbs, Rear Delts: 15 x 65 lbs.

Incline DB Press: 15 x 25 lbs, 15 x 25 lbs, 10 x 35 lbs

DB Shrugs: 15 x 70 lbs, 15 x 70 lbs, 15 x 70 lbs.

After we got home, one of my new roommates has an Xbox 360 and we ended up playing "Guitar Hero World Tour," and I was using a rolling computer chair, with one foot resting on the seat, and the other foot on the floor while I played, so that I could look at the buttons on the guitar as I played.

It turns out that I got one heck of a Leg Workout doing this, as well as my wrist and forearms were a bit sore afterwards as well.

I think this is going to lead to a fun experiment. I'm going to see if I can use "Guitar Hero" and turn it into a Fun Workout because of my current issue with my knees, to strengthen up my legs as best as I can.

Shortly afterwards, another buddy that I work with stopped by. I ended up sharing with him my plans and goals for Becoming Magnum. He used to be overweight, and ended up getting into Boxing, and has lost quite a bit of weight. I was asking about his training, and he mentioned that where he trains, it only costs $100/year for a Membership, and that a lot of people quite because they can't handle the training that a boxer goes through.

That is something I'm going to look into. Boxing, along with Ju Jitsu with Shihan Tim Henry, my current instructor's instructor.

Eddie also happened to come across some meal recipes from Will Brink's "Fat Loss Revealed" Program, and commented on how similar it was to his diet for training. That is something I'm going to look into tomorrow, so I can begin changing my diet.

I've been Twittering what I've been eating daily for the past couple of weeks, and now that I'm conscious of it, it's pretty nasty.

I am responsible for every single decision that I make regarding food. No one else.

It is time that I start kicking things up a few notches, and turning my diet and my life around. It's time that I begin taking "Becoming Magnum" seriously, and starting to love myself again, and take care of my health.

That's it for now.

Mike.

No comments: