Monday, September 28, 2009

No Excuses Workout - Sunday Sept.27, 2009


I have decided to label my workouts, "No Excuses Workouts" for 2 reasons.


1) In June I bought the book "Unstoppable" by Cynthia Kersey. The book is a compilation of success stories of various people who have all gone on to accomplish massive things in their lives.


I am inspired by the particular story of Richard and Dick Hoyt, a father and son who have gone on to accomplish amazing things despite their percieved setback.


2) Because of my current physical situation. In November of 2008 during an Acting Class, I ended up dropping to the ground during a scene in which I was "beating up" my scene partner. I ended up hitting my left knee onto concrete for both takes. As a result, according to the MRI that I had done, I tore the meniscus in my knee. Then in May of 2009, I fell and ended up twisting my left knee and things inside got messed up even more. I haven't had another MRI done yet, but it feels like the tendons and/or ligaments are twisted up inside.


Yesterday, on Sunday Sept. 27, 2009 I went to the Swimming Pool (50m) and did some laps. As it turns out, it was much easier on my knee's then I had thought it would be. (I tore the meniscus in my right knee back in 2004, and my doctor preferred not to operate on me, and as a result, my right knee has never fully recovered.)


I managed to swim 2 full lengths (From the starting point - to the other end - and back again) or 200m. I wasn't able to complete an entire 1/2 length (I only managed to swim about 75% of the way before needing to take a break and catch my breath), but I did it.


I forgot how much I love swimming, and it's a fun way to exercise. I look forward to swimming more often, and using it as a starting point for getting in shape, and beginning my transformation on my journey to becoming the next Magnum, P.I.


No comments: