Thursday, October 08, 2009

In a bit of a slump.

Ever since the 1st of September I've been in a bit of a slump. Things with my 1st Joint Venture Deal haven't gone exactly according to plan. We got the Deal (handshake) back on August 12th, and still haven't gotten the contract signed. (I'm partly at fault as I wasn't able to get the Owner to sign it before he went on Vacation for 3 weeks, and then once he got back I took it in to get signed, and he wanted me to make some Amendments before signing it.)

I will hopefully get it signed by Monday October 12, 2009, and then can begin working on putting things into place to get myself out of Bouncing (doing Security) once and for all.

Financially I've taken a few big setbacks, and I'm struggling to just get by. There was a mixup at work when I switched from 1 Bar to another (owned by the same guys) as their are 2 different Accountants, and one didn't share info with the other. My paycheque for the 1st of September was over $650 short, and I've been playing catch up ever since.

Last week my car broke down (radiator) and I had to park it while on my way to picking up my Paycheque. Then my Cell phone service got cut because I'm behind in making my payment. That'll be $200 to get my phone re-activated, and at least $500 to get my car fixed. (Money I don't have), plus I need to get some new Headshots and a Voice Over Demo Reel put together for my Acting Career, and I need to find a new Agent, as I currently don't have one.

I currently have $100 to my name, and I work until 2:30am and Transit will only get me so far. I have to take a $15 Cab ride home, and I have at least 6 more shifts before Payday. I also need to get food, so things are going to be tight for a little bit longer.

So things obviously aren't working out like I had hoped, and I've also been struggling with figuring out how to come up with money to get my Website revamped, and how to begin Production on BECOMING MAGNUM.

That's when I remembered 2 Key things: 1) It's time to re-read "UNSTOPPABLE," by Cynthia Kersey and begin building my UNSTOPPABLE Action Plan, and 2) My DVD FILM SCHOOL DVD's and Work Books that I bought at a Dov S-S Simens "2 DAY FILM SCHOOL" Workshop I took.

I've also realized that there are certain things that I can begin doing today (without money) for the Production of BECOMING MAGNUM.

So it is OFFICIALLY time for me to begin documenting (through my Blog and Twitter updates) as well as using my Sony Camcorder. It isn't going to be as professional looking as I would have liked, but I can at least begin doing something.

I have NO MORE EXCUSES.

It is time for constant, and consistent daily action. The only way I'm going to get out of this SLUMP/RUT is through taking action, and making decisions that are in line with my Goals.

The time is now,

Mike.

No comments: