Friday, October 09, 2009

An overview of the past 18 months leads to a Turning Point.

With all of my financial woes that came as a result of September, and have continued on into October, it has forced me to take a step back and reassess the past 5-6 months. Let me give you a quick re-cap of how BECOMING MAGNUM has evolved since April of 2008.

I got a call from Director Kryshan Randall in March of 2008 asking if I'd like to be in a TV Pilot Trailer that he was directing in April. I've always wanted to work with him, so of course, I agreed.

It was for a show called "The Promoter," created by Ken Craw and Michael Hamilton. The first day of shooting was in a Penthouse. I brought my Sony PSP with my Trailer for BECOMING MAGNUM on it. I met the Creators, Ken and Michael, and asked them what kind of background/experience they had, and how long it took them to go from concept to Production on their "Trailer." At the time, Ken was a Writer on the TV Series "Robson Arms," and Michael had directed some Sports Documentaries. It took them 6 months to go from concept to production of the Trailer.

I mentioned that I had my own Project that I had been developing, and that I had a Trailer of my own on me. I pulled out my Sony PSP, and played the Trailer for them. At the first scene, Ken asked if this was BECOMING MAGNUM.

He had heard about it from his friend Coreena Robertson, who turned out to be a mutual friend. Both Ken and Michael loved the Trailer. Shortly thereafter, I found out that the owner of the Penthouse was Erin Cebula, an Entertainment Reporter for Global TV. She loved the Trailer as well, and loved MAGNUM, P.I.

Within 6 weeks of the shoot, Ken and Michael both came on board to help Direct and Produce BECOMING MAGNUM, and a few weeks later scored us a DEVELOPMENT DEAL with CTV. That Deal was in June of 2008, and it took until March of 2009 to get the Development Funds released to us.

At the end of November of 2008 while taping my performance for a scene at the Actor's Foundry, I ended up injuring my left knee. I had an MRI done at the end of February, and it turns out I tore the meniscus in my knee.

In April of 2009 we did a 3 Day Shoot for the development deal. We shot 2 days worth of footage at THE ACTOR'S FOUNDRY, where I study and 1 Day with my Personal Trainer, OCEAN BLOOM.

They then sent over 15 hours worth of footage to the Editor, who cut it down to a 3 Minute Promotional Trailer and sent it off to CTV. Because of the current recession, CTV decided that they were no longer going to be in the business of doing "One Off" Documentaries. CTV was out, but fortunately I got to retain ownership of the Footage.

In May I ended up falling and twisting my left ankle and knee. I haven't gotten my knee checked out yet, but there is definitely something severely wrong with my knee.

On July 1st, I moved into my current home, which is an amazing house, worth $1.3 Million and I only pay $500/month Rent. (The upside to the Recession.)

Shortly after we got the word that CTV was out, I did a Teleconference Call with the BECOMING MAGNUM TEAM (Myself, Brad King (my Nutritionist) and his wife and publicist Rene Neilly, Ken Craw, and Ocean Bloom.) We discussed the possibility of merging BECOMING MAGNUM with a Reality Show concept that Ocean had previously developed for Insight Films.

It was a great call, and we discussed where to go now that CTV was out of the picture. It has always been my intention to do something with the Internet. To Broadcast and/or Distribute it Online. Unfortunately neither Ken or Michael have any experience doing anything Online as it is all still so new, and so they both decided to pull out of the project. Both of them felt that it would just be way too much work to take on to create a Reality Show.

Ken is currently working as a Writer for the TV Series HEARTLAND, and Michael is busy working on some other projects, and neither felt that they could put in the time and effort that would be required to get a Reality TV Series up and running.

In July, I brought on 2 Business Partners for my JOINT VENTURE Business (I studied with JAY ABRAHAM for 14 months as part of his MASTER OF PASSIVE INCOME Mentoring Course.) It completely exploded my mind open to the possibilities of generating income, as well as to the world of Marketing and doing Joint Ventures. It has also been great in helping me to develop some concepts for BECOMING MAGNUM.

In August we landed our/my 1st JV Deal for what I am hoping will be my EXIT STRATEGY from Bouncing/Security. (I have wanted to get out of Bouncing/Security for the past 5 years, but haven't had confidence in myself or my ability to get out. I'm not interested in replacing Bouncing/Security with a Labour job, so my options before Jay Abraham have been limited.)

I was hoping to get the Deal, and begin working on it immediately, and then be out of Bouncing/Security shortly thereafter. That hasn't come to fruition. I'm hoping to get the Contract signed within the next 3 days, and beginning work on the JV Deal.

I have been struggling financially for just about as long as I can remember. I've gotten stuck in a rut, and I've used the EXCUSE of not having very much money prevent me from cleaning up my diet (eating healthy is expensive), I'm not a very good cook, and every time in the past that I've lost weight, it was because I pretty much ate the EXACT SAME meals EVERY DAY.

I need to learn HOW to prepare better meals, with some variety. I also need to begin TAKING ACTION every single day, that moves me closer to, or in the direction of, my goals.

I have to figure out what it is that I CAN DO, every single day, to start getting myself in shape, losing the weight, exercising, and eating right.

I have to create an ACTION PLAN that I can stick to, that will move me forward in the direction of my goals, with or without money.

I've wanted to revamp my Website for a long time, but again, I don't have the money to do that at this time. I know that the situation I am currently in is temporary, but being right in the centre of it, it feels like it is permanent.

Since the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, I realized that it was time to take a step back and figure out what it is that I can BEGIN DOING IMMEDIATELY to start getting different results.

Since I don't currently have the money to get my Website revamped, (which I've been using as an EXCUSE from taking action), and I don't currently have any extra money, and things have been pretty tight financially, (for the gym, and better nutrition, acting classes, new headshots, etc.) which has also become an EXCUSE, I have decided to start a new Mantra/Affirmation: NO MORE EXCUSES. ONLY ACTION & RESULTS.

For my Website: I'd like to be able to upload Video's directly onto the site, including Video Blogs, as well as having this Blog linked directly to the site, have an ABOUT ME Tab, as well as the ability to create and share specific content for the Website. However, that's not happening at the moment.

What can I do right now?

I am going to look at YouTube and see what I can do to upload Video's and/or Video Blogs onto YouTube and then link them to my Blog. I ended up checking out some interesting Videos Online yesterday which taught me about Steadi-Cams. The key is the Counter Balance. I immediately tried it out with my Sony Camcorder and Tripod, and it appears to work. I can't believe how incredibly simple it is.

I also watched a few Video's that taught me about a Basic 3 Point Lighting System. Next up is to learn about recording sound, and find out if there is an inexpensive/cheap way to record good quality sound with my Camcorder.

I have been hoping to use the Panasonic DVX100 Camera (which we used to shoot my current, and slightly outdated Trailer). But it looks like I am going to have to use my Sony Camcorder until I can afford better quality equipment and gear, as well as to hire a crew.

So for right now, I will be doing everything on my own, with what I have, until things begin to improve for me financially.

The Bottom Line: NO MORE EXCUSES. ONLY ACTION & RESULTS.

It's time for me to go and do a NO EXCUSES WORKOUT. (15 Pushups & 20 Situps.)

See you at the top.

Mike.

No comments: