Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Racing to the Start Line...

I'm in the process of organizing a MASQUERADE PARTY for the Launch of BECOMING MAGNUM. The current date for the Event is Wed January 27, 2010 (which is only 3 weeks away) and I've spoken to 2 different Publicists (Debbie Walker with Translucent Publicity) and Renee Neilly (Frame of Health) about the Event...

Debbie (who works with Talent in the TV & Film Industry) brought up several good points which has me now looking at pushing back the date for the MASQUERADE PARTY to the beginning of March.

I'm currently working on putting the Event together with no money (at the moment). According to Debbie, "If you have lots of Money, but No Time, you can pull it off. If you have No Money, but lot's of Time, you can pull it off. But when you have No Money, and No Time, it'll be difficult to pull it off. If you miss the boat, you can't go back to the same people twice."

I'm planning to invite local TV & Film Celebrities as well as TV & Film Industry People to the Launch/Masquerade Party along with inviting the original cast of the "Magnum, P.I." TV Series - Tom Selleck, Roger Mosley, Larry Manetti, and Jon Hillerman.

However, Debbie reminded me that the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL runs from January 21-31, 2010 and there is no way I can compete with that.

Plus, I'm hoping to land several different Sponsors for the Event, and 3 weeks just isn't enough time for either them, or myself to do the Event justice. What I really need to be doing is to start contacting the Potential Sponsors now, begin the dialogue with them, sell them on both "BECOMING MAGNUM" and the MASQUERADE PARTY.

Let them know that the Event and their possible involvement in it is well thought out, not rushed, how they will benefit from Sponsoring the Event, what it will accomplish for them, and what's in it for me, as well as any possible Product Placement opportunities at the Event.

What I am hoping to accomplish by organizing and hosting the MASQUERADE PARTY is to generate publicity and awareness for BECOMING MAGNUM as well as to use a percentage of the profits generated from Ticket and Alcohol Sales to finance the next leg of Production for the Web Series, until we hopefully get picked up by Imagine Entertainment and/or Universal Studios.

In order to do this, we will need to do a successful Internet Launch for BECOMING MAGNUM and generate a Database of Fans/Followers that I can use as leverage with Universal Studios and Imagine Entertainment.

Eg. If we can build up a following of 200,000 - 1 Million+ Viewers we can use that audience to leverage a deal with Universal Studios to let us promote/market the "Magnum, P.I." Movie Online over the next 12 Months while I lose 140 lbs and my 2 friends and I rehearse and perform scenes from the "MAGNUM, P.I." Pilot Script "Don't Eat The Snow In Hawaii," by Donald P. Bellisario and Glen A. Larson.

At this stage, I still have to raise money to finance the Project, so I may look at throwing a MASQUERADE PARTY and use Profits to finance the Project, but hold off from doing an Official Launch Party until early March.

All the Best,

Mike.

No comments: