Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time for Massive Daily Action and to Ask for Help.

A friend of mine commented on my Trailer for Becoming Magnum saying that it looks too adversarial, and that I should be cautious about putting it out there, especially when my intention / goal is to work on the MAGNUM P.I. Movie with Brian Grazer, and Rawson Thurber and Tom Selleck. I will admit, that I'm a little nervous about how they will react, but the intention was to get people's attention. Plus, everyone that I've shown it to on my Sony PSP have all had positive reactions and they all love it. So it is a risk that I'm taking. I have contacted my Editor about making some changes to it that will make it about BECOMING MAGNUM: A Reality Web Series, and hit all of the key points about what the Series is about, and lose the controversial stuff.

However, as Jay Abraham has taught me, I'm going to have to do some Testing with the New Trailer once it is done. I may want to keep the more controversial Trailer to get attention quickly. I have no idea if the Trailer has the potential to turn into a Viral Video or not but I've got my fingers crossed.

I may even end up asking some of my Mentors for their opinions of the Trailer and what his thoughts are on my next steps forward.

I had a couple of major mental shifts tonight and had a some major aha! moments. I've been incredibly nervous about calling Tom because...my underlying truth in my real life...is that I'm never good enough. So calling a Celebrity, my idol, and sharing with him what I've been working on for the past few years, that has become my passionate obsession...there is a chance he could say "No, not interested."

I took a break for a few hours and went and hung out with some friends because I needed to. While I was hanging out with them, I realized that as I continue to feed my fear about calling Tom Selleck and sharing Becoming Magnum with him and the possibility of him saying “Not interested,” keeps me fearful.

I realized my ideal outcome is that Tom loves the idea, and that as a result, we end up becoming great friends as a result. I then thought about calling him up like I do with any of my friends, and suddenly a lot of the fear and anxiety have disappeared. I’m still a bit nervous, but now it’s like I’ve been rehearsing a Play for the past few years, and now I’m about to walk out on Stage before a Live Audience and performing it for the first time. I’m actually starting to look forward to calling his agent and getting the dialogue started.

Some of the contacts I've recenty made through the Bar is a guy who owns a Helicopter Company up in the Yukon, and of course he knows owners of Local Helicopter Companies. I'm betting there's a few of them who may have become helicopter pilots because of "Magnum, P.I." so I will be contacting him, and telling him about Becoming Magnum, have him look at the Website and Trailer, and seeing if he’d be willing to give me some names to call to generate support for Tom Selleck during the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I’ve also met some Military Police Officers, as well as a US Military Sniper at work, and I have some friends in the Military. Because Thomas, Rick, and TC were all ex-Navy Seals I’m hoping on getting their support for Tom Selleck's Campaign through Becoming Magnum.

In addition, I received my training as a Private Investigator from a woman who used to work for the RCMP and for CSIS, and with 3,500 RCMP coming to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics…I contacted her, and she suggested throwing a couple of THANK YOU Parties for the RCMP, Military, and Security after the Olympics.

Of course, I’m going to be calling and inviting all of the Private Investigators that I know, and calling all of the P.I Firms in town. I’ve already been on the phone calling people I know in the Security Industry and Film Industry and Night Club Industry as well as friends who are Actors.

I will also be contacting the people over at Biz Books, The Actor’s Foundry, Vancouver Film School where I went to school, Cineworks, local Talent Agencies, as I currently don’t have an Agent, possibly some Casting Directors, as well as some of the guys that I know who have played for the BC Lions.

Of course there are also my friends and Mentors that I’ve met over the past year who have had a major impact on teaching and guiding me on the next steps to take to move the Project forward.

I’m going to be talking with the owner of a Ferrari and High End Vehicle Dealership, and calling The Flight Centre’s Corporate Office to find out about the possibility of Giving Away a Hawaiian Vacation. We are going to throw a Party immediately after the Olympics

I’m also going to contact “24hrs” Daily Paper and mention something to them about the Party and Becoming Magnum. I'm going to have to discuss with my Publicist when to get that started,

I will also be contacting all of the Doormen that I know at the Night Clubs on Granville Street and invite them to the Party, and also stop by and give them some Postcards to help me promote Becoming Magnum to the Olympic Crowds.

All the Best,

Mike.

No comments: