Sunday, May 09, 2010

Episode #1, Video #4

Happy Mother's Day everyone,

A very interesting thing happened at work last night. I wrote yesterday about how I have X amount of dollars that I need to come up to finish the Editing for the 1st Episode, and get myself to the 2010 Produced By Conference from June 4-6th...

While I was working at the Bar, in walked my small investor who was supposed to be out of the country. Part of me is reluctant to approach him about investing some more money, but at the same time, I can't ignore the fact that I need to come up with some more money, and the very same day he walks into the Bar.

I've also been reviewing the footage of the 1st Episode so far, and I need to cut together a 4th Video which will round out the first Episode and bring everything full circle and set things up for the 2nd Episode. I will be working on that today, and once I've got it finished, I'll take it over to my Editor's to get her to work her magic.

I'm also looking at putting together a Dinner Party and inviting everyone involved in BECOMING MAGNUM - From my Investor, to my Personal Trainer, my Chiropractor, my Acting Instructor, my Nutrition Expert, my Scene Partner, my Composer, my Entertainment Lawyer, Garry Chalk who narrated the Trailer for me...and have everyone in the same room so they can all finally meet each other and to share the 1st Episode with them.

I'm considering asking them to help me put together the rest of the money that I need to get myself to LA to the 2010 Produced By Conference.

I'm also looking at approaching Tom Selleck in the next 7-10 days...

Part of me wants to rush to get the 1st Episode together for the Wednesday Deadline for the PRODUCER'S CHALLENGE for the 2010 Produced By Conference. The Grand Prize of $30,000.00 would help significantly in financing my Reality Web Series.

Another part of me wants to make sure I've got the best product, and that I've tested it with an audience before submitting it to anything. I'm on the fence about that right now.

I am also going to need to get a copy of the 1st Episode into Tom Selleck's hands, and hopefully get him on board, and then if we both approached Brian Grazer together, I think that'd give us a lot more leverage.

It's time to get back to Editing the 4th Video of the 1st Episode.

All the best,

Mike.

No comments: