Monday, May 10, 2010

Focus on the solution...not the problem.

I've been a little stressed out this weekend as I have to figure out a way to come up with up to $4,500 to finish the editing of my 1st Webisode, pay for tickets to the 2010 Produced By Conference in LA, pay for airfare, and get some new clothes...

I handed the problem over to my subconscious mind, forgot about it for awhile, and then got frustrated when I did think about it, and so I had to force it out of my conscious mind completely. A few hours later, an idea popped into my mind.

I NEED TO CREATE MORE VALUE...and show my small investor the value of his investment by putting together a really solid TEASER TRAILER that piques people's curiosity and intrigue and leaves them wanting more.

I've spent the past few hours going over the footage and rearranging it, moving it around, and trimming it using iMovie.

I now have a rough cut I'm going to take over to my Editor's and get her to put together a really powerful TEASER TRAILER that we can use to promote to my current investor, and possibly to attract some more investors with.

At this point, I'm not sure we're going to make it for the Wednesday Submission Deadline, which is too bad, but really, my focus is on getting the best 1st Webisode and promotional Trailers/Materials and Pitch materials ready, and then get in touch with Tom Selleck...so that is where my priorities are at the moment, and then to get down to the 2010 Produced By Conference.

It's gonna be a crazy busy month, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm doing what I love, I get to be creative and I'm going after a really Big Crazy Impossible Dream!

Lovin' life,

Mike

No comments: